This statement applies to this website only. This website is managed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we record the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address and associated country
- Your top level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
- The pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
- The search terms you used
- The date and time you visited the site
- The previous site you visited
- Your operating system (eg Windows, Mac)
- The type of browser you use (eg Internet Explorer).
We use Google Urchin to collect this information. Urchin is installed on our servers so the anonymous website usage data is not stored offshore.
We analyse non-identifiable, aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure and functionality of the this website. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs. We do not share information about you with other government agencies or organisations without your permission, unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- is required or authorised by law; or
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
All information is stored and archived for a period of at least 12 months and possibly up to 7 years, in line with our recordkeeping obligations.
This website is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Information Privacy Principles. We also follow the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.